- $250,000+ 4-Year Build Costs (2000-2004)
- Built By: Fred Piluso (Original Owner)
Bernt Karlsson (Body and Paint)
Al and Don Nosse (Assembly)
- $40,000+ 6-Month Rebuild Costs (2021-2022)
- Multiple National Show Winner
- Featured in Super Rod Magazine
- PPG Mandarin Copper Paint
- Two-Tone Tan Leather Interior
- Custom Art Morrison 2x4 Chassis
- Ford Racing Technologies 460 Cobra Jet Big Block
- Ford Toploader 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- Wilwood Engineering 11.0 Disc Brakes Front
- Ford Excursion 11.0 Disc Brakes Rear
- 1941 Lincoln Pushbutton Door Openers
- 1955 Ford Station Wagon Bumper and Bumperettes
- 1955 Mercury Station Wagon Tail Lights
- 1956 Mercury Station Wagon Headlights
- 1956 Ford Fairlane Crown Victoria Dash
- 1957 Mercury Station Wagon Fender Skirts
- 1957 Cadillac Wheel Covers with Chrome Bullets
- 1959 Ford Thunderbird Grille and Front Bumper
- 1967 Ford Thunderbird Landau Seats
- Aug-Dec 2021/Jan-Feb 2022
Makeover in Progress by…
Cambra Speed Shop
726 West Angus Avenue, Orange, California 92868
What is C8DENCE?
C8DENCE is the word CADENCE replacing the “A” with an “8”. C8DENCE in this instance means a “rhythmic flow of a sequence of sounds” e.g. the sound of the Ford Racing 460 Cobra Jet BIG Block V8 (385 Series) with the aggressive hydraulic camshaft. The piston firing order of 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 is the CADENCE.
I was able to secure both the C8DENCE California Personalized License Plates and C8DENCE.com website URL. This website will be used to document the history of the vehicle. I have been in communication with Fred Piluso, the original owner and builder of the vehicle.
Volo Auto Sales – Purchasing a Classic Car Online
I will be writing an article (in progress) about my recent (Monday, June 28, 2021) “less than satisfactory” experience of purchasing a custom classic vehicle online from Volo Auto Sales in Volo, Illinois. The vehicle arrived on Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 13:00 (Pacific Time) and was driven for 10 miles at which time a host of mechanical issues were discovered.
Dynamic Updates: Today is Thursday, January 20, 2022, and she (C8DENCE) has been out of service for 182 days and in the shop for 164 days. It’s been 206 days since purchase and I still haven’t been able to “show and go!” as stated by Jay Grams from Volo Auto Sales. We have an estimated -39 days to completion of unexpected “AS-IS” repairs.
Jay Grams – Volo Auto Sales
This is an incredible car. Finished 15 years ago and driven 3,500 miles. It still shows and functions incredibly well. I personally drove it home and was impressed. It is ready to be enjoyed – show and go!